New Additions

A few months ago I switched to Canon. When I bought my camera body [5d] I also purchased the 50mm 1.4. As great as the 50mm was, it didn't always give me the wide angles I needed so I decided it was time to add to my photography family. 
Photobucket
Here's the newest addition... My 28mm 1.8! I've had it for a little over a week and I simply adore it! It gives me the wide angles I need with great depth of field.
Photobucket
Also, with a wedding in Florida fast approaching [yes, my first destination wedding!] I also needed to purchase a camera bag to use while shooting. This was an obvious choice... the Shootsac by Jessica Claire!
Photobucket
I've heard nothing but great things about this bag and now that I own one myself I can say that all the rumors are true. This bag is all its made up to be and more!
Photobucket
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

5 Responses so far.

  1. Love the new Shootsac - that's probably the cover I'm going to get one of these days too. It's so classy, and would go with everything.

    You may have already explained this elsewhere on your blog, but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm a Nikon girl, so I just wondered what prompted your switch to Canon? Also, how are you finding it so far?

    Just curious!

  2. Caralin: One of the reasons I moved to Canon was because of their wide apertures [1.2;1.4, etc...] Shooting that wide open was a priority for me and Nikons glass didn't go that wide. I will say that my Nikon did seem to focus better than the Canon 5d. But my pictures come out creamier and I love Canon overall!

  3. Mmmm, shootsac - awesome choice! Loved seeing you tonight. I HAVE MISSED YOU! Sorry for talking your ear off. Sheesh.

  4. Unknown says:

    Hello Miss Julia!

    This is Ashley...Of course I have seen your lovely images; definitely a fan!

    I am a model in the Fargo-Moorhead area, and I am doing all I can to build my portfolio. I would like to do a shoot that's more high-fashion (versus catalog), and I was wondering if you'd like to experiment with me? Do you do TFP (Trade for Print)? Let me know what you think, and maybe we could discuss some ideas and arrange for a weekend shoot in Minneapolis???

    Ashley Simmons

    P.S. If you'd rather not, no hard feelings at all! Haha God bless.

  5. I love Canon!! Great switch to make!

Leave a Reply